Supported by TD Charitable Foundation, this grant program provides funding and mentorship. The program provides funding to UArts seniors, graduate students, and alum (who have graduated within the last 5 years) through grants of up to $2,000. It has been designed to support those who wish to develop a marketing strategy that promotes sustainability and growth. Additionally, the applicant’s idea must be either pre-revenue or a business with no more than two years of revenue.
If you intend to apply to the mini-grant program, this lecture will cover marketing topics you may want to consider before applying.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying an audience (ex. google game, audience ID strategies - library, hunch, competitors )
- Identify value proposition (template)
- Setting up the basic tools (web, email, social, and print)
- Understanding engagement (real vs vanity metrics)
- Partnerships and business development
- Who can help with technical details (Fivrr, Upwork, Census, Library)
- What are your marketing goals and how will you know if you accomplished them?
- Case studies